Chrudim IRON & STEEL s.r.o is a modern foundry, producing grey iron and ductile iron parts for customers who are leaders in their industries. These industries include engineering, energy, road and rail vehicles, textile machinery and agricultural machinery.
The foundry has amassed considerable know-how in providing components for locomotives, trams, cranes, construction machines, gearboxes and transmissions, energy systems, engines and brake systems.
The foundry is owned and managed by the US company Advanced Casting Technology (ACT). With help from ACT, Chrudim IRON & STEEL is actively working on modernizing the foundry – installing new and progressive technologies and developing world class production processes.
The Chrudim facility started in 1980 as part of the Transporta Group of companies, primarily delivering parts for corporate demands. Transporta originated in 1855, when Frantisek Wiesner established the factory, mainly producing transport equipment, coveyors, lifts, cableways and escalators.
In 1997 the company ownership transferred to a sister company Metalurgie s.r.o. At that time the mother company employed 4500 people and generated 100 mil. € in sales annually. Since 2001, the foundry operations were directed by CKD Kutna Hora. Their leadership continued for twelve years.
In July of 2013, the foundry separated from CKD and is operating independently under ACT’s ownership and management.
The foundry produces ductile iron and grey iron parts. In April of 2014, carbon steel was added to the material offerings in the production process. The company also made several investments in equipment geared to improving productivity and quality. These investments include:
- Electric Arc Furnace with an 8 ton capacity - Carousel core making system for improved productivity - Plasma riser burning and defect removal - Modern sand binder system PepSet - 30 ton IMF Sandmixer
Chrudim IRON & STEEL is a customer oriented foundry with a proactive approach. We listen actively to the customer to find solutions to their problems.
In addition, we are committed to the health, safety and environment of our employees and our community. We are focused on motivating our employees to work at the highest level of quality and to react quickly to customer needs. We strive to be a “one-stop-shop” for machined and painted iron and steel parts.
Chrudim IRON & STEEL has several unique advantages that drive the company’s success:
1. Partnership with a US industry leader with nearly 40 years of foundry expertise.
2. Stable country of origin and economics.
3. Foundry location provides ease of logistics.
4. High quality workforce standards.
5. In-house quality measurement equipment.
6. Communication available in multiple languages.
7. One-stop-shop for complete machined and painted parts.
8. Foundry capacity of 10800 tons annually.
9. Exceptional customer service.
Top of page
(C) CHrudim IRON & STEEL, s.r.o.